Being able to stay healthy as you get older is critical to your quality of life; how active you can be, what can of lifestyle you can maintain, how long you can live alone and even how long your lifespan is. Living a healthier life includes diet and exercise, not just one or the other. I agree, it would be much easier to just focus on one but unfortunately, both are very important.
Taking brisk walks, engaging in low impact activities like swimming and golfing are great ways to keep active. Try and do something to get your heart rate elevated slightly about three times a week and you will see such a difference in your energy levels and even in how your body feels. Of course, be careful not to overdo it; always stay within your level of comfort and only push yourself if you know that it is safe.
How you eat can literally control everything about your life. There are certain foods that you can eat as a natural cure for headache, digestive disease and anxiety disorders. About 40 million adults in America suffer from anxiety and digestive disease affects between 60 and 70 million people. Here are some natural ways to cure a headache with your eating:
- Spinach Spinach is high in vitamin B that has been linked to preventing migraines.
- Fish The omega-3 fatty acids are known to have anti inflammatory properties that can be the cause of some headaches.
- Watermelon Watermelon and cucumber are super high in water content which would help out a dehydration headache.
- Potatoes They contain potassium which can treat a headache.
- Caffeine You already know that if you are addicted to caffeine, when you don’t drink it, you’ll get a headache. However, if you are trying to stay healthy you won’t drink a lot but a small amount may actually help.
Foods that can help digestive disease:
- Fiber Eating foods such as fruits, vegetables, beans and whole grains can regulate the system and cause things to get moving again.
- Water Water is extremely important if you want to stay healthy at all, not just for digestive disease. Water cleans out your whole system as well as helping the body to break down food better, therefore assisting you in absorbing the nutrients you need to have a healthy digestive system.
Foods that can help anxiety:
No need for a list here as all of these foods contain the same properties; meat such as beef, pork and chicken, leafy greens and legumes, citrus fruit, rice, eggs and nuts all contain B vitamins like folic acid and B12. If you do not have enough of these vitamins it can actually cause depression or anxiety. These are some natural remedies for insomnia and anxiety.
So, there we have it. Food really can make you healthier as well as moderate exercise. What is your favorite way to stay healthy?