You take the same avenue through the neighborhood most mornings while you are on your way to work. This morning, however, your route was backed up four blocks. Being backed up is not unusual for a school start, but this morning you counted more than half of the drivers who were on their cell phones, an especially dangerous habit in a school zone while classes are in session. The majority of these cell phone using drivers were moms, not kids, With the accidents that have happened recently, you wish that everyone of these people would break their habits that have lead to everything from small fender benders to major collisions. In your case, you are still dealing with back pain after a rear end collision while you were waiting your turn at a stop sign. The distracted driver who hit you from behind was on her phone, and you are still paying the price for that driver’s carelessness.
Spine Doctors and Chiropractors Offer Several Options to Their Patients Who Have Back Pain Disorders
Caused by someone else’s carelessness, the normal aging process, or occurring at birth, there are many people who find themselves looking for spinal disorder treatments. Knowing that these discomforts can range from mild to debilitating, doctors who provide spinal disorder treatments literally provide a new life to many people across the country. Some of the latest research concludes that more than 1.5 billion people worldwide suffer from chronic pain, and many of these are people who are not living the kind of life that they could because of a back injury or condition.
In fact, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections, back pain is the second most common reason for a visit to see the the doctor. With the help of spinal disorder treatments, chiropractic care, physical therapy, or, in some cases, surgery, some back pain sufferers are able to get back to living a normal life. Consider some of these facts and figures about the role that back pain can have in the health of this nation and the practices and treatments that have been shown to provide relief:
- As many as 31 million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time.
- Approximately 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in their lives, according to the latest estimates by experts..
- 36.7 million people indicate that they are yoga participants in the U.S. today. And while some practice this popular exercise to build core strength or for enjoyment, there are a number who are seeking relief from back pain.
- 81% of adults in the U.S. believed chiropractic care could help either “a great deal” or “some” with neck or back pain, according to a recent study.
- Nearly 33% of female adults suffer from back pain. This percentage compares to the 25% of males who indicate that back pain is a problem for them.
- 50% of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.
Spinal disorder treatments are an option for some people who suffer from back pain. Who can get the relief that they need from these treaements, however, is sometimes limited by the source of the pain that a person is suffering. For instance, a 2017 Statista survey found that 29% of U.S. adults with back problems believed stress was the cause of their pain. And while another 26% blamed weak muscles or a lack of exercise for their back pain, another 26% indicated that their pain was caused by physical labor. Some of the back pain suffered in all of these categories might benefit from certain treatments, but others need to make sure that they are eliminating the stress in their lives that is causing this discomfort.
Finding a way to live your best life is often a combination of eating right, exercising, and getting the medical help you need. If you are someone who has suffered from back pain for a number of years, it is important you contact your doctor to see if these is any kind of medical help that can get you back to feeling your best. From car accident to genetics, back pain causes can vary.