Feel A Bit Sick After Drinking Milk? You Might Have An Allergy


Food allergies are a serious bummer if you love experiencing the downright ridiculous amount of unique foods from all over the world. But family doctors will not be afraid to tell you that some foods are just off the table if you happen to have a food allergy, from barely noticeable to mild to severe. Symptoms are a wide array of problems like: difficulty breathing, low blood pressure. vomiting, diarrhea, hives, itchy rash and even swelling of your face, mouth and your tongue. If you experience these symptoms after eating certain foods, then you may be having an allergic reaction and should seek medical help from family doctors.

An allergy to milk, not to be confused with lactose intolerance, is when your body is having an allergic reaction to the protein found in milk. It also alternatively known by its acronym IgE which means “immunoglobulin E.” If you have had this as a child but no longer suffer from it that is because it is most common in children. However, more often than not, children grow out of the allergy, but it can stick around.

IgE actually comes in two forms: IgE and non-IgE. Those diagnosed with IgE tend to feel symptoms of swelling, hives, rashes, vomiting and even anaphylaxis if one’s allergy is worse enough. Anaphylaxis is when your body goes into shock, squeezing your airways and even dropping your blood pressure.

Non-IgE is not as common as IgE, but certainly the lesser of two evils. Those diagnosed with Non-IgE tend to experience diarrhea or constipation, vomiting or even inflammation of the gut wall. With the potential possibility of anaphylaxis, IgE is certainly the more dangerous.

Peanuts are another common allergy that many citizens experience. Another allergy that tends to fade once you get older but can stick around into your adult life. Those diagnosed with peanut allergy are highly recommended to, obviously, not eat peanuts, stay away from peanut-containing products and even go as far as to avoid products that were made near or in a factory that houses peanuts. However, strangely enough, a peanut allergy may be one of the few allergies that can be countered to a degree. It was long thought that introducing peanuts as early as possible will help the body desensitized to it. As it turns out, it was true! But before you start leaving bits of peanut in your child’s food, you should contact family doctors and have them do it instead. Medical doctors can administer enough they deem safe to help see if it is even possible in the first place. Everyone is different.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *