Therapeutic massage has many underappreciated benefits, and when it comes down to it there can actually be a number of tangible medical benefits that go along with it. A medical massage focuses on alleviating pain related to injury or arthritis, as well as stress, which can create additional problems on its own. If you want to get a medical massage, here are some of the benefits you should know.
The Benefits Of Medical Massages
When you get a medical massage, there are numerous benefits that you can experience.
- Stress Relief. Stress can impact your muscles and cause you to be sore and tense. This discomfort can be alleviated by a specifically targeted medical massage. Relieving this stress can not only help your body feel better, but it can help your mind feel less burdened as well.
- Pain Relief. There are several reasons why your body can experience aches and pains. A medical massage for arthritis, for example, can help alleviate the pain caused by the swelling in your joints. Overall, this can help you feel better in your day to day life.
- Inflammation Reduction. Muscles can become inflamed due to intense workout, or certain medical conditions. When you get a medical massage blood flow in increased, which in turn helps decrease the inflammation in your muscles.
- Blood Circulation. Poor blood circulation can cause a lot of problems, but as mentioned above, a medical massage helps increase the blood flow in your body. This can help you, not only remain healthier, but it can help stave off painful inflammation.
- Increased Energy. Another reason to get a medical massage is the increase in energy that you’ll experience. Those who are prone to feeling lethargic, can actually be rejuvenated by a medical massage. This can help increase energy levels overall and leave you feeling better during your day to day activities.
- Digestion Improvement. Research as shown that massage can actually benefit digestion by increasing peristalsis, the contraction of digestion tract muscles. Medical massages designed with this goal in mind can help those who are having a hard time with digestion.
- Creating Calm. Massage therapy can also help you achieve a calmer state overall by helping to ease tension caused by anxiety and stress. When you get a medical massage you can release these emotions and enter into a calmer state that can benefit your mind and your body.
- Healing Injuries. Injuries that have occurred to the neck, shoulders, knees, and back, can often be aided by medical massage therapy. This is due to the increase in blood flow, which helps in both healing and inflammation reduction, meaning your injury will heal quicker, and the pain will be lessened during the process.
- Improving Posture. Poor posture can not only cause pain, but it can be caused by tension or injury. A medical massage can help this by relieving the tension and helping to realign your back and neck.
- Headache Relief. Medical massage for headaches work to target the neck, shoulders, and areas where nerves may be pinched. Since these issues can cause frequent headaches, a massage tailored to help mitigate these pains, can also contribute to less headache occurrences.
Medical massages are a great way to help you feel better overall, especially if you are looking for a non-pharmaceutical method of managing pain. If you want to get a medical massage, ask your doctor if they have recommendations, or look for massage therapy centers near you that specialize in this particular practice. After your first session you will be amazed at what massage therapy can do for you.