Parents who are soon to become empty nesters may find themselves looking for other ways to fill their days. Instead of spending long weekends watching baseball games and gymnastics meet, for instance, will soon become long days with very little on the schedule. Fortunately, there are many ways that some of these parents can now fill their days. And while some will surely spend more time in the office, there are others who are looking for a different kind of time investment. Instead of working more hours to improve the financial investments that can be made in a family, there are others who want to invest in themselves. By getting back on the bicycle, for instance, many empty nesters are able to get back to something that they loved to do when they had more time.
In addition to the enjoyment, the decision to start exercising on a regular basis is an investment in your health that can pay dividends for years to come. If you have not ridden for awhile, however, you might be excited to know that there are new kinds of equipment that can make your rides more enjoyable. With the latest bicycle saddles, for instance, there are many times when riders can find that they are able to be out on their bikes for much longer times. And while running may not be an exercise activity that is easy to return to, bicycling is often a great solution. With the different types of bike saddles, older riders can find a comfortable option that may not have been available in the past.
Comfortable leather bicycle saddles and the latest carbon fiber rails provide smoother rides so people who have the time can venture of the paved paths and roads to other more scenic views. Consider some of these other facts and figures about the bike riding habits of Americans and the growing industry that supports them:
- $1.2 billion in used bicycles were sold in the year 2015.
- Overall, states across the U.S. have seen a 46% increase in the number of people commuting by bicycle since the year 2005.
- With more than 1 billion, there are twice as many bicycles in the world as there are cars.
- 21.8 million adults in the U.S. rode a bicycle 109 days or less in the year 2010.
- Fewer than 3.4 million adults in the U.S. frequently ride bicycles, totaling one-eighth of all adult cyclists in the world.
- Coronary heart disease was reduced by 50% when people cycled 20 miles a week, according to a study conducted by the British Medical Association.
Comfortable leather road bicycle saddles are just one of the many additions that can make your empty nest bike rides more comfortable. The truth of the matter is, however, you do not have to be older to want a more comfortable ride.