It has been a long time since you have worried about wrinkles, your age, or the number of times that you have had to go to bed early. What you are counting, however, is the number of days in the row that you are getting out for a walk or going on a bike ride. You are, in fact, at a point in your life where you know that staying active is far more important than many of the things that some of your friends are worrying about.
You have one friend who has spent thousands on plastic surgery to hide wrinkles; another friend who does not anyone to mention her age; and a friend who refuses to ever go to bed before midnight. For your part, you are instead focusing on what you can do to continue exercising on a regular basis, even if it means that you now pay attention to things like leather bicycle saddles and carbon saddle rails. In fact, you are somewhat proud of the fact that your money is invested money in biking accessories that help you stay fit, and not on the cosmetic procedures that are a part of so many of your friends’ lives.
The Most Comfortable Leather Bicycle Saddles Can Help Extend the Length of Your Rides
In a time when Americans are starting to focus on their health and well being, the bicycle industry in the U.S. recently saw $6.2 billion in direct sales in the year 2015.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the bike industry and the numbers of people who select this activity as their exercise of choice:
- $1.2 billion in used bicycles were sold in the year 2015.
- More than 21.8 million adults in the U.S. rode a bicycle 109 days or less in the year 2010.
- With totals reaching more than 1 billion, there are now twice as many bicycles in the world as there are vehicles.
- Being committed to an outdoor activity can be expensive. In fact, those who participate in outdoor activities spend over $10 billion a year on bicycling gear, accessories, and other kinds of vehicles.
- Although there are some countries where it is far more popular, fewer than 3.4 million adults in the U.S. frequently ride bicycles, accounting for the fact that Americans are only one-eighth of all adult cyclists in the world.
- Coronary heart disease is reduced by 50% when people cycle 20 miles a week, according to a recent study conducted by the British Medical Association.
Riding a bike instead of worrying about wrinkles and eating the right foods instead of stressing over the number of candles on the birthday cake are steps in the right direction. In fact, any time you make the decision to get take care of your health you are finding the right places to expend your energy. Maybe the next time that you are stressed about the next milestone birthday you should simply ask for one of the most comfortable leather bicycle saddles as a present!